“Conversation has many aspects and is often made up of layers, a bit like an onion. On the face of it, it may appear that we are having a simple conversation, but peel away a layer or two and you may find other issues beneath the surface.” (Conversation Starters by Kim Chamberlain)
Conversations at first are simple but then they can become fun, interesting, intellectual and much more. But in order to reach any of those levels you must transition from simplicity. And there is only one way you can accomplish that! You must use a verbal bridge which is a Conversation starter.
The Job of a Conversation starter is liven up the communication process. Its like when you cook a steak or a chicken, you must use condiments to give the meat taste so you can enjoy it later.
The same thing applies to when we speak with other people. By applying these conversation starters our chats will be much more compelling to participate and listen to. And by the time you know it you are easily bonding and having an excellent time with the other person.
And let me tell all of you a little secret………….
There are literally thousands of unique conversation starters you can use in all types of situations with different kinds of folks. But what are some of them?
New Batch Of Conversation Starters
1. What age do you, on the inside truly feel you are?
2. What part of your life would you love to relive?
3. What is the strangest/funniest question you have ever asked somebody?
4. If you had a 2 month vacation where would you go and why?
5. Which fiction book do you wish was real?
6. If Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet were updated to reflect modern-day culture and both characters had cell phones do you think the ending would have been different? (Conversation starters by Kim Chamberlain)
7. Is there a better way of helping people in third world countries other than donating money?
8. What is your dream house?
9. What inspired of you of opening up your own business?
10. If you were a song/movie what song/movie would you be?
11. What do you think of the conference so far? … Have the sessions been helpful? (business insider)
12. What’s the scope of your responsibilities for the company?
13. How long have you been working for this firm and what do you love about it?
14. I bet you can’t make me laugh! Do you know any funny jokes?
15. If you were in a circus, what would your job be?
Categories: Secrets to conversation