We all have favorite colors and they could be blue, green, orange, brown, black or other colors we are all familiar with. But even though we like or even adore these colors the million dollar question is why? According to Psychology Today “Color preferences are deeply rooted emotional responses that seem to lack any rational basis, yet the powerful influence of color rules our choices in everything from the food we eat and the clothes we wear to the cars we buy.”
But there are two main reasons why People have favorites colors:
1) Certain colors naturally evoke specific emotions in most people. This has been proven many, many times and is used a lot in marketing. For example, blue often causes feelings of calmness and relaxation. People like feeling calm and relaxed, so they like looking at the color blue.
2) Certain colors remind people of certain other things that they like.
For example: the color purple may remind you of lilacs, your favorite flower. You like the smell of lilacs, and purple reminds you of lilacs. So you like purple.
But why are we talking about colors? Because once you know what’s your favorite color and you learn the meaning behind it you will truly learn that “your favorite color reveals your character”, says a pioneer in the field of color study. “Personality Type”. Once you actually and truly know how your persona really is then you will know how to be with people and be “The Ultimate Conversationalist”.
1. Seeing the color red can make your heart beat faster.
2. The color red is most often associated with power and passion. It is a fierce and emotionally intense color.
3. Red symbolizes speed, sexuality, and style. Fast cars are red. Beautiful women wear red clothes and red lipstick. Red is also the color of romance and love. If you want to express your love for a woman with flowers, the flowers must be red. In all cases, whether red is worn by a woman, or used in home décor, it will always attract attention.
4. Fashion experts always recommend at least a splash of red when dressing for a job interview or any other important meeting, because red symbolizes power, decisiveness and leadership.
5. Red clothing has the effect of making a person look fuller than they really are.
6. Red can cause failure on exams
Seeing “even a hint of red” on an exam can affect a test-taker’s performance “to a significant degree,” researchers reported in 2007. Perhaps because instructors often use red ink to mark errors, people associate the color “with mistakes and failures,” and, “in turn, they do poorly on” the exam in front of them.
7. The color red can stimulate the appetite, often being used in restaurants for this purpose. It also increases craving for food and other stimuli.
The Secret Language of Color
While you may not exhibit all the character traits of a personality color red as listed here, if you love red you will find yourself somewhere in the description. You may also find you exhibit some of the negative traits, particularly when you are stressed. To find more information go to (http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/personality-color-red.html)
8. With a favorite color red, you like to be the center of attention – in fact all reds crave attention – other people are drawn to the vitality and sense of excitement you emit.
9. You are ambitious and competitive and like to be the winner – you are achievement orientated and second place is not good enough for you. With you it is all or nothing.
10. You usually gain the respect of others quite easily with your practical and grounded attitude and ability to set boundaries.
11. Lovers of red are the explorers and pioneers of the world, the entrepreneurs and builders who like to be first in discovering new physical realms.
12. If you favor the personality color red you have a passion and enthusiasm for life and are not afraid to pursue your dreams and goals.
13. You are always in a hurry, wanting to do everything right now. Patience is not one of your strong points.
14. You can be quite determined when you want something, but tend to have a short attention span, moving on to the next best thing when you quickly get bored with the previous one – you want it all and you want it now!
And my question to you guys is what did you guys think about this article? Please leave a comment. Thank you.
(c) 2014 Aurus Sanchez
Categories: Secrets to conversation